Played in West Germany between 13th June and 7Th July the This World Cup marked the first time that the current trophy was awarded and in this case to the home side with a 2-1 victory over the Netherlands in the final. The second victory in World Cups for West Germany (first in 1954), set the tone to pragmatism beating optimism.
The German-style commanded by Beckenbauer facing the side captained by Johan Cruyff set the stage for this clash of football giants. Germany managed to win 2-1 after an early 2nd min goal by Johan Neeskens.
Scoring in the 25th min Paul Breitner and the finisher applied by Gerd Muller in the 43rd min, the match was decided in the first half. In what turned to be Muller´s last goal for Germany, the Die Mannschaft displayed a new football recipe made to destroy Total Football.
With a more conservative but effective attacking stance, this line of playing meant that every player could almost play any position and not even the “THE CRYUFF TURN” was successful in beating the German interpretation of this revolutionary style of play.
- Each purchase contributes to support Covid-19 emergency response. More info.
- Includes a gift sticker with the illustration that inspired this piece
- Unique design by invited artists
- Pure and exclusive fashion product - no official claim
- Beautiful socks crafted in Portugal
- 80% Combed Cotton
- 17% Polyamide
- 3% Elastane
- Wash by hand, inside out, 40 degrees
- Do not put in the dryer
- Do not iron
- Do not dry-clean
- Do not use bleach