Juve, where black embraces white and creates a truly beautiful story. Also known as Bianconeri (The Black and Whites) and Le Zebre (The Zebras), the Squadra from Turin is most definitely La Vecchia Signora.
We may think it means “the old lady” for the sake of wisdom and greatness, but no. As Juve alludes to youth in Latin, the usage of the words “la Vecchia Signora” creates a pun.
It is said that this poetic naming was given during the 1930s when Juve started praising and signing the more experienced players instead of opting for youth and fresh blood.
Moreover, Juve, founded on the 1st November 1897 is known as La Fidanzata d’Italia which translates as Italy’s Fiancee.
All these attributes, paint what our minds think of Juve as lovers of the beautiful game and especially how Juve has displayed Italian football across pitches worldwide, mainly in their Champions League appearances and league matches against sides like A.C. Milan, Internazionale Milano, Napoli, and Roma.
La Vecchia Signora indeed has been their most romantic name and during the years, she has been glorified by the magic of artists such as Alessandro del Piero, Andrea Pirlo, Gigi Buffon, Zidane, Nedved, Bonucci, Platini, Trezeguet, Conte, and lately Cristiano Ronaldo.
As the hymn says: a story of a great love, white that embraces black. A bull that stands up for you!
- Each purchase contributes to support Covid-19 emergency response. More info.
- Includes a gift sticker with the illustration that inspired this piece
- Unique design by invited artists
- Pure and exclusive fashion product - no official claim
- Beautiful socks crafted in Portugal
- 80% Combed Cotton 17% Polyamide 3% Elastane
- Wash by hand, inside out, 40 degrees
- Do not put in the dryer
- Do not iron
- Do not dry-clean
- Do not use bleach