Italy Germany 1982
The second edition of the FIFA World Cup was held in Italy in 1934. The event was taken to the political side as home team Italy was heavily supported by Benito Mussolini.
The fascist leader was keen on using football to promote his ideas and this was the perfect stage to propel the narrative before the 1939-1945 world war, which would end up cancelling the 1942 and 1946 World Cups.
Played at the Stadio Nazionale PNF in Rome, Italy faced Czechoslovakia and won 2-1. A comeback after the 71st min goal by Antonín Puč.
Two goals, one in extra-time (81st and 95th mins) by Orsi and Schiavio respectively sealed the win for the Gli Azzurri (the Blues).
Coached by Vittorio Pozzo, Italy´s captain Gianpiero Combi raised the trophy to put the first European national winner of the World Cup.
- Each purchase contributes to support Covid-19 emergency response. More info.
- Includes a gift sticker with the illustration that inspired this piece
- Unique design by invited artists
- Pure and exclusive fashion product - no official claim
- Beautiful socks crafted in Portugal
- 80% Combed Cotton
- 17% Polyamide
- 3% Elastane
- Wash by hand, inside out, 40 degrees
- Do not put in the dryer
- Do not iron
- Do not dry-clean
- Do not use bleach
Shipping cost is based on weight. Just add products to your cart and use the Shipping Calculator to see the shipping price.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.