Sale Sold out
Regular price €12,00
Regular priceUnit price per
A mascot for a World Cup is always an exercise of mixing organising country culture with football. To give Italy the organising power in a day and age where Italian football was set to shape the best practices, the challenge was difficult to overcome. With that motto, the 1990 World Cup was set to be a show, needing a worthy mascot.
Luigi Riva, Italy´s all-time top goalscorer referred: “Riva was with me on the bus from the Quirinale that took us back to the hotel for the award ceremony (to present the mascot) and, with all frankness, he told me that he didn’t like it. I asked him to be patient.”
This mascot went through a thorough selection and creation process. More precisely, four years were required for Lucio Boscardin to take thinspiration from a traffic light and the Italian flag.
The Tricolore served as an inspiration to design an athlete in which the colours created the word “Italia” when deconstructed and reconstructed.
- Each purchase contributes to support Covid-19 emergency response. More info.
- Includes a gift sticker with the illustration that inspired this piece
- Unique design by invited artists
- Pure and exclusive fashion product - no official claim
- Beautiful socks crafted in Portugal
- 80% Combed Cotton
- 17% Polyamide
- 3% Elastane
- Wash by hand, inside out, 40 degrees
- Do not put in the dryer
- Do not iron
- Do not dry-clean
- Do not use bleach