Watching the legendary 77 playing is seeing history being written every time he touches the ball... Gigi is an institution that symbolizes what's best in football. The finesse of Italian football, the loyalty to a club, the leadership and sportsmanship values.
We tend to hear that “football is a gentleman's sport played by hooligans.” Gigi shatters that saying every time we see him playing in his more than 1,000 professional career appearances. Beyond his personality and presence, he holds several career trophies and achievements.
Let's go down to memory lane, then. Gigi holds the record for the longest streak without conceding a goal in Serie A history. Plus, a World champion: who doesn't remember the 2006 final against France…Also, 10X Italian Champion, 5X Italian Cup Winner, 7X Italian Super Cup Winner, 1X French Champion (that year he went to Paris Saint Germain but his heart took him back home the following year) amongst other titles.
Nonetheless, it always seems that titles, achievements, and other team and formal certifications don't get to what Gigi means: he is the body and soul of a living entity called football. May we have him many more years! Let´s praise the only goalkeeper to win the UEFA Club Footballer of the Year award in 2003 after reaching the Champions League final.
- Each purchase contributes to support Covid-19 emergency response. More info.
- Includes a gift sticker with the illustration that inspired this piece
- Unique design by invited artists
- Pure and exclusive fashion product - no official claim
- Beautiful socks crafted in Portugal
- 80% Combed Cotton 17% Polyamide 3% Elastane
- Wash by hand, inside out, 40 degrees
- Do not put in the dryer
- Do not iron
- Do not dry-clean
- Do not use bleach