Germany Hungria 1954
So, this clash of ideals, lead West Germany to win their first World Cup and Hungary to their best result so far captained by the legendary Ferenc Puskás. Hungary started with two goals in two minutes (6´and 8´) by Puskás himself and Czibor. The Mannschaft scored two minutes late but only managed to seal the win in the 84th minute when Rahn scored his second goal of the match.
This match took an even bigger stage when after the final whistle, reactions on both sides, clearly showed the political and social aspects of West Germany´s victory.
As Hungary´s Goalkeeper stated: “The reaction in Hungary was terrible. Hundreds of thousands of people poured into the streets in the hours after the match. On the pretext of football, they demonstrated against the regime ... in those demonstrations, I believe, lay the seeds of the 1956 uprising.”
- Each purchase contributes to support Covid-19 emergency response. More info.
- Includes a gift sticker with the illustration that inspired this piece
- Unique design by invited artists
- Pure and exclusive fashion product - no official claim
- Beautiful socks crafted in Portugal
- 80% Combed Cotton
- 17% Polyamide
- 3% Elastane
- Wash by hand, inside out, 40 degrees
- Do not put in the dryer
- Do not iron
- Do not dry-clean
- Do not use bleach
Shipping cost is based on weight. Just add products to your cart and use the Shipping Calculator to see the shipping price.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.