Honouring the colours of Galanolefki, the Greek side shook the world in 2004. Arriving in Portugal clearly as underdogs gave them the power to surprise the titans of football. As the iconic Greek coach, the German Otto Rehhagel stated “The greeks have made football history”.
Indeed we will never forget the young Cristiano Ronaldo crying in tears after the final in Lisbon. The goal scored by Angelos Karisteas in the 57 minutes after a corner, blatantly showed the triumph of tactics over magic.
A lesson of a team who came to win. Playing style based on Rehhagel´s kontrollierte offensive (controlled offence) with clinical tall men in defence and attack.
This was an epic journey to the UEFA 2004 Final was meant to be impossible to overcome.
The greeks started in the opening match with a shocking win against Portugal. Starting and ending with victories against a side playing with names such as Figo, Rui Costa, Deco & a young Cristiano Ronaldo was the stamp of greatness conferred by the gods of Olympus.
The battles were daunting after being drawn to a group with Portugal, Spain & Russia. Finishing in second place was already unimaginable, and even more, it was when they started getting momentum with wins over France & Czech Republic, before the epic final.
- Each purchase contributes to support Covid-19 emergency response. More info.
- Includes a gift sticker with the illustration that inspired this piece
- Unique design by invited artists
- Pure and exclusive fashion product - no official claim
- Beautiful socks crafted in Portugal
- 80% Combed Cotton 17% Polyamide 3% Elastane
- Wash by hand, inside out, 40 degrees
- Do not put in the dryer
- Do not iron
- Do not dry-clean
- Do not use bleach