The 1994 Yashin Award coronated the career of Saint Michel. The prize was given due to his performances at the 1994 FIFA World Cup.
During Saint Michel´s career, only three clubs had the honour of witnessing the class of one of the immortals in every football fan mind.
Having played for Standard Liège, Mechelen, Benfica (first foreign goalkeeper to play for the Portuguese side) and his national team, on the 650 official appearances he won twice the price of Belgium Footballer of the year (1987 & 1989), 3x Belgian Champion, 2x Belgian Super Cup Winner, 1x UEFA Supercup Winner, 1x EUROPAPOKAL Der Pokalsieger Sieger, 2x Belgian Cup Winner and in Portugal won the CUP once in 1996.
More than trophies, the finesse brought to one of the most undervalued positions in football allowed him to be in the conversations about the ones who brighten up each match. Efficient, elegant, quick reflexes, tenacity and other adjectives that mirror world-class quality are words that put Saint Michel in the books of goalkeeping masterclasses.
Currently, the nets miss him, but he is not far away as he undertook the role of coach, building a track record in clubs like Standard Liège, Gent, Twente, Al-Shabab Riyadh, Clu Brugge and again Standard Liège.
- Each purchase contributes to support Covid-19 emergency response. More info.
- Includes a gift sticker with the illustration that inspired this piece
- Unique design by invited artists
- Pure and exclusive fashion product - no official claim
- Beautiful socks crafted in Portugal
- 80% Combed Cotton 17% Polyamide 3% Elastane
- Wash by hand, inside out, 40 degrees
- Do not put in the dryer
- Do not iron
- Do not dry-clean
- Do not use bleach