The 22 men captained by the black panther Eusébio went on a journey to conquer England at the 1966 World Cup. Inspired by the tales of the Portuguese writer Luís Vaz de Camões, os Magriços were set to make a scene in every football stadium.
The honourable third place ended up with a sour taste as most of Portugal´s 11 were playing for Benfica, one of the most successful sides back then, playing eyes to eyes with teams such as Real Madrid. Eusébio was the top goalscorer of the tournament with 9 goals, confirming his legendary career after winning the Ballon d'Or in 1995 and runner-up in 1962 and 1966.
Os magriços were known for their attacking power, relentless pace with a taste of beautiful game brought by the Brazilian coach, Otto Glória.
The mix of players at a young age with experienced talents gave Portugal the starting point to build a reputation in the football world, reaching its biggest glory in 2016 after the loss in 2004 where Eusébio accompanied the team in every match.
- Each purchase contributes to support Covid-19 emergency response. More info.
- Includes a gift sticker with the illustration that inspired this piece
- Unique design by invited artists
- Pure and exclusive fashion product
- Beautiful socks crafted in Portugal
- 80% Combed Cotton
- 17% Polyamide
- 3% Elastane
- Wash by hand, inside out, 40 degrees
- Do not put in the dryer
- Do not iron
- Do not dry-clean
- Do not use bleach