The 1960s was the decade set for The Boys in Green to make their name known at international competitions such as the 1964 Nations cup & 1966 World Cup, but reality showed that even with Johnny Giles leading men like Cantwell, Meagan, Hurley, their hopes were crushed by sides like Spain, twice.
In what has been referred to as “The Decade of the Dubs” due to the rising influence of Dublin football and its flamboyant style of play, the Irish did not capitalise on their talented defensive players despite some flashy wins like 0-1 against West Germany in 1960, 3-1 against Norway in the same year.
- Each purchase contributes to support Covid-19 emergency response. More info.
- Includes a gift sticker with the illustration that inspired this piece
- Unique design by invited artists
- Pure and exclusive fashion product - no official claim
- Beautiful socks crafted in Portugal
- 80% Combed Cotton 17% Polyamide 3% Elastane
- Wash by hand, inside out, 40 degrees
- Do not put in the dryer
- Do not iron
- Do not dry-clean
- Do not use bleach